Comprehensive Common Area
The SoCalREN Multifamily Program provides a safe way to help you upgrade your property in a simple way while maintaining social distancing!
Add value to your property and reduce maintenance costs with the Southern California Regional Energy Network (SoCalREN) Multifamily Program. The Comprehensive Common Area approach helps properties enjoy the benefits of an energy efficiency upgrade while minimizing contractor and staff interaction with tenants.
Participate Easily in Four Easy Steps
- Access No-Cost Consulting: an energy consultant from the SoCalREN team will work with you remotely to complete an intake process and identify specific measures.
- Get an Assessment: An energy assessment will identify the opportunities to upgrade the energy efficiency of your property's common areas.
- Make Improvements: Have a licensed, qualified contractor install energy efficiency measures. Some measures may be self-installed (contact the Program for more details).
- Receive Incentives: Earn incentives for the amount of energy saved, based on the measures installed. The more you save, the more incentives you can earn!*
* Improvement incentive based on energy savings achieved. Higher savings achieved will lead to higher incentive levels. Program restrictions apply.
Enjoy the Benefits
- Use our simple intake process to minimize the time Program team members spend on site.
- Enjoy reduced operating and maintenance costs.
- Contribute to regional environmental improvement goals.
- Access financing and incentives.
Confirm Your Eligibility
To participate in the Program, your multifamily projects must meet the following criteria:
- Be in a property served by Southern California Edison (SCE).
- Be in a building that contains a minimum of five connected units.
- Include at least two eligible energy efficiency measures, one of which must be an electric measure.
- Achieve a minimum of 10,000 kWh OR 1,000 therm energy savings.
- Reach project completion and approval within 12 months of the date of reservation.
Ready to get started? Complete our Interest Form.
Comprehensive Common Area incentives are based on unit energy savings. Incentives are set at $0.57/kWh and $6.00/therm for properties located in Disadvantaged Communities (DACs) and $0.33/kWh and $3.50/therm for non-DAC properties.
The following energy efficiency measures are eligible for Incentives under the Comprehensive Common Area offering.
|Lighting||Common area lighting|
|Water Heating||Central domestic hot water heater|
|Water Heating||Insulate exposed domestic hot water piping|
|Water Heating||Domestic hot water recirculation controls|
|Pool||Programmable pool and spa pump controls|
|Pool||High efficiency pool and spa heater|
|Pool||Timer on pool and spa heater|
|Laundry||ENERGY STAR® clothes washers|