7 Energy-Efficient Ways to Lower Your Multifamily Property Costs and Increase Your Bottom Line
From maintenance to daily operations, owning a multifamily property can be costly. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to help offset those costs through simple, energy-efficient, and low-cost changes.
Here are seven easy ways you can start saving today:
1. Schedule an energy audit to determine your baseline energy use and discover clear opportunities for your property and tenants to save energy. Many local electric utility companies offer free audits.
2. Turn off lights and equipment when not in use or at the end of the day to save on electricity costs.
3. Upgrade to energy-efficient LED light bulbs. They use less energy, have a longer lifespan, and come in a variety of styles to fit your needs.
4. Open blinds to make the best use of daylight—and take advantage of skylights or other natural light sources to reduce your lighting needs during daytime hours.
5. Change the filters on your HVAC equipment regularly. Make sure to have the units inspected and cleaned as often as recommended, so they can run as efficiently as possible.
6. Use a smart thermostat to control your HVAC system from anywhere. Automatically adjust the temperature of your building(s) with a smart device to save more on heating and cooling costs.
7. Take advantage of a SoCalREN energy efficiency program or service designed to help property owners like you save energy and money!
Reducing your energy costs can help your business stay competitive and succeed in the long run. Learn more about how increasing your energy efficiency can help you save.